Unusual tips to get into gyaru

When I started gyaru, it was hard to get clothing, not only because it takes time to get a wardrobe, it's because I didn't get clothing well. Not exactly missinformation of gyaru clothing, more like... I didn't have an eye at that time to understand what clothing was exactly the best for gyaru (using black high-rise leggins for 90's ganguro? lol), and suddenly I discovered... gyaru was not only ganguro or tsuyome, because it exists so much different sub-styles that even your actual clothing can work.

So here comes some unusual tips I've never have seen recommended and I discovered with time.

1. Use your mom's or any familiar clothing:

Believe me, it works, specially for the oldschool gyaru from the 2000s. My mom uses an old-fashioned necklaces, those from the 80's and 90's with a lot of colors and shapes and it saved me a lot when it comes to gyaru fashion. If you have a sister or an auntie who still has her old clothing it can work too (or their today's clothing, even those can work).

2. If you have a familiar who was a teenager in the 80's and you need teasing your back of the hair, ask them how to do that or if they can help you:

I did this when I went to the Harajuku Fashion Walk from 2021 in Santiago. I asked my mom for teasing the back of my hair, and because she did her hair like that in her teenage times, apart of participating ilegally in the communist party during the militar dictatorship, she always had a glorious big hair!

Totally gyaru

3. Don't judge easily a clothing because "it's not enough gyaru":

Even the simpliest things can be gyaru. I had a wrong idea of I needed specifically things that looked automatically gyaru and I never got those clothing at the end for being too specific lol. I recommend to not judge so easily clothing for being too classic or "normie", like a plain black t-shit or your daily skinny jeans (where I live they are still trendy, and ngl, they are beautiful). The idea is to be creative and mix the clothing with other stuff to get the look. For example, skinny jeans plus the fur leg warmers or knee boots are the most tsuyome thing you can do with few things, add any belt hanging from your hips (don't make high-rise make you stop to look low-rise XD).

This is literally a pink t-shirt and black jeans (resource: @galrevo on instagram)

4. Your today's clothing can be gyaru too:

We usually focus on the gyaru clothing from 15 years ago, but have you seen nowadays gyarus in Japan? They are now very trendy and they look like a normal girl in the street of any country, just with the touch of the gyaru makeup. So don't feel your high-rise skirt is not good enough or your late 2010's "normie" clothing is too outdated for gyaru. You can be a nowadays gyaru without problem.

This is @iametann on instagram, with simple big hoop earrings and a plain white tube shirt

5. BE ANTI-AESTHETIC, FORGET PLEASANT COMBINATIONS, YOU NEED CHAOS:

This was the best when I started gyaru. I literally mix unpleasant things for oldschool gyaru, like, mismatching colors, too much print, even I try to look cheap on purpose (even with already cheap and pirated clothing BSDVHSDG) and I don't hide my bra when I go with tube tops, or better: THE TYPICAL MIX OF SANDALS AND SOCKS!. At the end of all, gyaru is a rebellion to the pleasure of others, I like to see the faces of high-class people when I go to their places just for bothering them.

Pointy metalized heels and studded pink belt with yellow shirt and electric lighblue undershirt? YASSSSS (resource: @galrevo on instagram)

6. Too much problem with clothing? You can just keep the makeup for now:

There are too many styles, any clothing you make can be a sub-style without problem, but if you feel you need to force yourself to look gyaru, just do the makeup and go outside xd I did that for months until I got better clothing and a more "suitable" hair for the style (I did it because I wanted, you are not obligated to change your hair).

@_pinkbunnygirl_ on instagram using just a black hoodie with gyaru makeup

Bhasjdsjvcjsdbcjd I shouldn't burn my head when I started gyaru, it was easier than I thought.

Follow me: @molotovist_gyaru on ig

Comentarios

  1. Ayyy cuanta razón con los looks de las gals japonesas actuales. Hay que recordar que dentro de 5 años esta forma de vestir ya habrá cambiado. Aunque también hay que dar la razón a la comm internacional; si acabas de empezar tal vez es difícil sacarse un look reiwa sin conocer como verse gyaru con un trapo.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Latinamerican influence in gyaru subculture! (UPDATED)

My trips to Perú!